[AJD] Weird GP Wheels? Now Tractor Tie Down

TSmith1499 at aol.com TSmith1499 at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 22:00:50 PST 2005

There is a somewhat new Federal law and now most states have adopted it. It
is that you must have a DOT Physical card if your GCVW is between 10,001 -
26,000 lbs. Anything over 26,000 lbs and you have to have a CDL. I have been
told by the officers where I live that they are mostly looking for 3/4-1 ton
trucks with tandem axle trailers. I believe the law was mostly intended to
target the landscaping industry where anyone who has a truck, a trailer and  a
mower or shovel is a landscaper. This does greatly affect those who use their
personal vehicles to pursue their hobbies. Be it antique tractors or automobile
racing, and yes even people who have a couple horses that they take to go
trail  riding are also subject to this. At least this is how it was explained to
me by our DOT here in Maryland.

Tom  Smith
Tsmith1499 at aol.com