[AT] Was Serious Restoration Now philosophy

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Jan 19 07:46:10 PST 2005

> Guy's post begs the question:  "What has to be left of the original tractor
> for the process of refurbishment to be called 'a restoration of an original
> tractor?'"

	The whole thing boils down to "intent". Just as in crime.
If the intent is to preserve something or to have a project to work
on that you think you can successfully complete for your own
enjoyment and the enjoyment of others, even if the bulk of the
project consists of parts fabricated from drawings and photos, I
say it is a worthwhile and honorable thing to do. If the intent
is to mislead, misrepresent and to create something that appears
to be an original that is not, for monetary or other gains, I say
it is not only dishonorable but may likely end up being criminal.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson