[AT] computer problems

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Jan 18 18:53:48 PST 2005

They can also result in "egg on the face", too.  I recently attended a
national conference in Virginia where all the presenters had their
material on CD's or Thumb drives.  About half of them found that their
presentations had lost data right out of the images because they didn't
take variations in the display resolution into consideration.  Some
colors simply disappeared. Bottom line: Take the time to test your
presentation with an LCD projection unit that's running at a lower
resolution than your computer's monitor.  This is particularly important
with Windows XP because there are two defined monitors running
simultaneously on the system and they don't have to have the same
resolution.  This is one case where "What you see" on the monitor may
NOT be "what you get" on the projection screen.

Larry