[AJD] Final Drive Drain Plug

Robert M. Massengale ltcmikem at ktc.com
Mon Jan 17 11:58:02 PST 2005

Almost embarrassing to ask...  I though I had the transmission &
final drive in my '41 B drained, but just discovered the large drain
plug for the final drive under the drawbar support.  Unlike the
transmission pipe drain plug, the final drive drain plug has a
recessed square slot.  I don't have any tools around the shop that fit
the drain plug hole. The square end on my 1/2 inch scoket
extension is too small.  It looks to be about a 3/4 square recessed
hole in the drain plug.  Is there a common tool Im overlooking that
fits this hole or am I going to have to fire up the forge?

Mike
Robert M. Massengale
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624