[AT] I hate sandblasting!--but see this.....

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Mon Jan 17 13:53:19 PST 2005

Did a little "research" after the string on blasting with sand and walnut
shells.  I'm going to try water/media blasting using my pressure
washer.  You should take a look at the ProJet sand blaster kit from
<http://www.projetpressure washers.com> (that I just ordered), but
especially some information I found on using crushed glass instead of glass
beads or silica sand for outdoor or cabinet blasting at
<http://www.trivitro.com/tech_msds.html>.  Read the media blasting
section!   And if you want more detail the guys at both of the above
businesses in Kent, WA are most helpful.  I'll probably have to wait until
Spring to give the water blasting a trial run on an old 9N tractor with a
gazillion layers of old paint.....and will let you know how it does
then.     You can buy a less expensive sandblast kit from Northern Tool but
the Pro Jet model has some significant advantages in my book.    John W.

                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon