was [AT] Cockshutt report now JD 2010 Diesel

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Mon Jan 17 09:33:02 PST 2005

My 2010 Diesel is the wheeled version and as I remember your tractor is
the tracked version.  Mine doesn't have a temp gauge for the tranny.
The coolant gauge works just fine (of course, the fuel guage doesn't
work at all - other than the "stick" I use).  On the fuel tank there are
two outlets - one is used for a return from the fuel system and it has
only one fuel filter - I think - I'm speaking from memory here and I'll
double check next time I go down to the barn.  Apparently the set-up for
a row crop utility is different from the tracked animal.  The one thing
I've found on this one is every thing seems to be special to the 2010
only and JD has discontinued many of the parts for it.  During the
engine rebuild, the crank was discovered to have a crack in it.  The
replacement crank from JD was about $700 so we opted to try welding the
existing crank for $100 - so far, so good.  The non-functional fuel
gauge I haven't looked into yet.  The only other problems I'm having
with it are a non-standard fuel tank cap (probably a "it almost fits" by
the PO) and what appears to be a "it almost fits" muffler.  Probably
time to look at JD Parts to see what really fits.
I mprobably wasn't much help for you but at least now you know.

David