[AT] Cockshutt report

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Mon Jan 17 06:11:42 PST 2005

I wanted to relate what I saw on my JD2010 Diesel because it may have
some relevance to this issue.  I had a complete engine overhaul done in
2002 (and I do mean complete - ouch).  Last summer it would run for
about 5 minutes after starting and then quit.  As this progressed,
eventually it would not start at all.  Thinking it may be a line
blockage, I took the fuel line loose leading to the fuel filter and blew
some compressed air back through the line.  After connecting things back
up the tractor started and ran just fine.  Of course, this fix was only
temporary.  About a month later the tractor stopped again.  This time we
(my tractor buddy and I) took the fuel tank off and examined it
thoroughly.  The tank itself was clean but the fuel line at the exit of
the tank had a small ball of crud just big enough to block the line.  We
removed it, reassembled everything and the tractor is running fine now.
  The thing that suprised me was the tank being so clean - I expected it
to be in much worse shape.

David