[AJD] (no subject)

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Mon Jan 17 04:56:08 PST 2005

By the gauge of the field coil wire.  6v is a lot heavier.

Maybe best to have a known voltage generator cracked open side by side with
this one and just stare and compare.

There is a noticeable difference.  I do not know the actual gauges involved
but can tell 6 vs 12 at a glance.  I worked at an auto-electric shop all the
way through college and we would almost never replace field coils since
cores were so available.  So when we needed to build up a common generator
(usually Delco) we'd go back to the bone pile and find the case we were
looking for.  Never bothered to look at the tags.