[AT] End Play...How Much is Too Much (On Topic)

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sun Jan 16 19:31:42 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/16/2005 6:57:04 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
drupert at premier1.net writes:

Incidentally, the back bearing is roller and the front  is
ball.

First off we need to know what type of Ball and Roller bearings that  you
have.  Not all of them require or will except a pre load.  I am  assuming that
the roller bearing is tapered and since it calls for pre load then  the ball
bearing must be a thrust type. If not then there is no way to pre load  them.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460