[AT] computer problems

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Jan 16 17:41:36 PST 2005

> USB or Firewire, but not both at the same time.  It's a Western Digital.
> I figure any time the price on storage drops below $1 per Gigabyte, it
> has to be a bargain.  I can remember when it was in the neighborhood of
> $1 per byte!

	I discussed upgrading the USB 1.1 ports on my desktop computer
while the computer guy has it and he is going to give me, for a very
reasonable price, 3 USB 2.0 ports and 2 Firewire ports in a slot on the
rear of it. He told me it will be ready tomorrow late morning. I could
have had just the USB upgrade to 2.0 for a couple bucks less money but
figured it was wise to go with Firewire while I was at it. For one thing
some cameras and I suspect some scanners will be using Firewire before
long.

	I also bought an external DVD/RW+R plus a whole list of other
options at a deep discount at Staples two weeks ago. This DVD writer
also writes the two layer DVDs, as well as standard CDs. It only uses
USB 2.0 which was a disappointment when I tried it on my desktop until
I found out it could be upgraded. I certainly hope I'm set for now.

Cecil