[AT] Cockshutt report

Allen V. Pruehs avpruehs at cac.net
Sun Jan 16 16:48:28 PST 2005

At 06:42 PM 1/16/2005, you wrote:
>Ralph,
>     Is the vent open in the fuel tank cap?  Sounds like it could be
> drawing a vacuum in the tank.
>
>Bigdog

Ralph, Bigdog has a good suggestion. If it does not work you might want to
recap what you have done so far.

An odd suggestion. I had a problem with my Oliver 88 at one time. Would run
and then cut out. I messed around with the carb and fuel system but was not
having any luck. Took a small flashlight and looked into the tank. It
looked like there might be something in the bottom. Spent some time fishing
and eventually came up with a rather large piece of flannel shirt. Somebody
apparently tried to filter some fuel at some time and it fell in. It was
not easy to see, but once removed the tractor ran like a champ.

Good luck,
Allen Pruehs
SE Michigan