[AJD] pdf files WAS DB1234

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Jan 16 08:29:28 PST 2005

Yep. The primary advantages of pdf is that the Adobe reader is free and
the files are smaller than most other formats plus they are more
universal than other types as well. Plus when done on a good program you
can make the files searchable and tagged. So if you open the file and
have an index sheet you can click the link and go to the correct page(s)
without having to go through all the pages. I am currently scanning in a
workshop manual for my CC garden tractor. That way the paper copy gets
put away and I can have a copy on the shop computer as well as inside
the house. Comes in handy to answer questions when you can open the book
wherever you are or to send parts to someone who needs them. If you need
a paper copy you just print out the sheets you need and toss them when
they get dirty.

Oh Cute PDF also has a version for I believe 50 bucks or so that will do
a lot of what the Adobe 400 dollar package will do. Might take two steps
to do what Adobe does in one but for 350 bucks savings I can afford a
couple minutes....

Steve Williams