OT: thumb drives (was Re: [AT] computer problems

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sun Jan 16 08:17:36 PST 2005

I am using a 160 gb drive that is hooked to home network by ethernet (it
can also be attached to an individual computer by USB 2.0.  The nice
thing about this solution is that the files on that drive can be seen by
all computers on the network (I'm using the NTFS file system so I'm
limited to XP systems).  I also use a DVD writer to make backups either
on cd media or dvd media in the case of digital photos.  I'm sure this
isn't the most frugal system but it works for me.  I haven't tried the
pen drives but I may try one in the future.

David