[AT] computer problems

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Sat Jan 15 20:39:25 PST 2005

Larry,

My needs are a lot simpler but I think the thumb drive would be a good
(easy) way for most of us to save really important files.  Using the thumb
drive to move them to another (battery) computer counts as backup as well.

It was the new camera that started me on this insane binge of new hardware.
It's a fairly simple camera by many standards but it knows how to do more
than I'll ever learn.  I got a Canon Powershot IS that has the panorama
option.  I haven't tried it yet but it looks interesting.

The new GPS software is enroute.  The old software and old laptop seemed to
always fail just when needed most.  It's not certain whether I'll be able to
travel next summer but I just was looking at the route to Bigdog's place for
the CubFest in June.  The GPS is fun to play with even when you know the
route.

George Willer