[AT] computer problems

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Sat Jan 15 18:40:24 PST 2005

Cecil,

I just received my new thumb drive yesterday and played with it a little.
It's an amazing device!  They call it a thumb because of its' size.  It
plugs into the slot on the back of your computer and becomes another drive.
Why this is important (among other reasons) is that you can get one to copy
all your files to and then remove it... and even carry it on your key chain.
Now your backups are safe.

My son Joe introduced me to them when he was here for Christmas.  He showed
my his that he says carries all the files for his universities web site, all
the information for the radio station he manages, and all his personal files
from several computers.  Just plug it in and go.

I've been moving hundreds of files to it from my PC and then plugging it in
to my new laptop.  INCREDIBLE!

I just got a small one... 256 meg, and it only cost delivered about $80.

George Willer