[AT] Favorite (non gumming) spray lube?

Greg Whittaker gwhittak at triton.net
Fri Jan 14 13:32:48 PST 2005

This something that I've found to be good http://www.rustreaper.com/  I
haven't used it enough to know if it leaves a sticky residue but I can
attest to the fact that it works.  We had a broken stud in our Danuser post
driver and had tried soaking with Wd 40, PB Blaster, and Liquid Wrench.  We
had these on hand and had used them over the course of a couple evenings
then I remembered the Rust Reaper sample I picked up at the Buckley Show.
The stuff worked.  We were able to turn what was left of the stud out with a
left handed drill bit.  We had also drilled it and tried an easy out and
even used heat.  A few drops of RR before supper and it came loose without a
problem when we went back out.  If we'd have tried it first I think we'd
have saved ourselves a lot of frustration.

Greg Whittaker
Wolverine Mi.