[AT] Tractor Weight (now Ramble - LONG)

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Fri Jan 14 04:45:59 PST 2005

    Cecil;
    I have always heard that dinner referred to the big meal of
the day. For famers the big meal of the day was at mid day so
that was dinner, but for the people working away from home the
big meal was the evening meal, so that was their dinner. Lunch
and supper were the small meals of the day. For us growing up,
lunch was what we carried to school to eat.

                      Gene, in very soggy, flooded Ohio

:
: Out there in Minnesota when I was a kid, dinner was the noon
: meal, Phil. Only city folks used the term "lunch" at that
time. grins
: "Lunch" to us was what you ate between meals. Supper was the
evening
: meal. I have often wondered why there is such an effort to get
us to
: say dinner for the evening meal and lunch for the noon meal. I
have an
: idea that city people think it sounds more refined but have
never been
: able to prove it.
:
: Cecil