Case 430 CK (was Re: [AT] Source for a loader?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Jan 14 04:15:53 PST 2005

Mark Greer wrote:
> Does it have 3pt and Independent PTO? Gas or diesel? Power steering?
> Mark
I wasn't going to waste everyone's time with the details, but since you
asked:

The 430 CK (Construction King) has a three point hitch (but there is a
seal in the lift cylinder that leaks and needs to be replaced). It also
has an independent PTO (although I have never tried to use it, nor, from
what I know of the PO has anyone else in the last 20 years). It is a 4
cylinder gas engine, 12 volt negative ground, 4 speed trans with shuttle
shift, power steering, Sims cab (with working lights and wiper, but no
side curtains), hand + foot throttle, and working instruments. The
loader is very strong and will lift anything you can put in the bucket,
but the tractor needs about 1000 lbs of counterweight to give it any
kind of traction. I have a "carryall" on the hitch with an old office
safe chained to it, but I suspect that something better could be worked
out using a concrete filled drum or a regular weight box, etc. The front
tires are essentially brand new HD truck tires, but the rears are
"construction/backhoe" lugs that are about 50%, but no liquid ballast
nor checks/cracks. I should also note that the exhaust manifold is due
for replacement as it has a hole that I patched with epoxy, and the
muffler is shot. I also have a complete set of owner, service, and parts
manuals (almost $200!).

A handful of images are at:
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/case_430_ck/> but I can supply more
if anyone is really interested.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books,
and there is some evidence that they can't read them either. -Gore Vidal
(1925- )