[AT] Tractor Weight (now snowplows)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 13 18:42:48 PST 2005

Greg, I have rarely ever seen chains used on a tractor in this area. I can
recall people talking about using them on cars and trucks way back maybe in
the 40s and 50s. I think there might even be some odds and ends of tire
chains in the junk pile now . I can see where they might have been a big
help in traction for the tractor. This 50 had the "big" tires, 18.4x34 with
cast weights and fairly full of calcium chloride so it had decent traction
in most conditions. Of course you can never have too much traction on ice
and snow.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/