[AJD] DLTX-18 and DLTX-71 Similarities

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Tue Jan 11 05:38:53 PST 2005

The DLTX 18 is for earlier A's, SN 425851 - 487999. The 71 is from a
late gas A.  They use different nozzles.  The 18 was designed for
"tractor fuel", where the 71 was designed for gasoline.  The 71 doesn't
have an economizer plug.  No need for it, since the carb is designed for
gas.

The 71 has a sister carb, the 72.  The 72 was designed as an all fuel
carb.  It was made for late styled A's.  It was also a replacement for
A's SN 488000 and up.  Believe it or not, when I got my first antique
John Deere A in 1987, the DLTX 72 (might have been a 71, I don't
remember exactly) was still available.  I think it was around $250.  I
thought that was pretty steep.  Now, I wish that I bought 10 of them.

Lou