[AJD] Generator 6V

Bus Driver mpmbd at yadtel.net
Mon Jan 10 09:42:58 PST 2005

The M generator was originally equipped with only a cutout, not a voltage
regulator. The third brush controlled the maximum charging (amperage) rate
and the ignition/light switch had a postion which added a resistor in the
generator field circuit to control charging to a low rate. I know nothing
about the 430 for sure, but suspect that it used a voltage regulator and had
higher amperage capacity.