[AT] Coil test?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 9 10:20:34 PST 2005

Another possibility that came up in a recent discussion of my Cockshutt 40
and its apparent fuel starvation problem. A friend had a JD 2010 that had
the same symptoms as my 40. The problem turned out to be the coil. After he
replaced it the tractor worked fine. Yet it exhibited all the symptoms of
fuel starvation under load. Pulling the choke would keep it running. Who
would ever have thought that was a coil problem?
Now I am wondering , is there any way I can test my six volt  coil  using a
simple $10 multitester. This tester will handle AC, DC voltage as well as
ohms.
Other than that I will have to "borrow" a good coil from somewhere to see if
it cures the problem on my 40.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/