[AJD] 12 volt vs. 6 volt I should know this

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 21:17:39 PST 2005

   I was out looking for parts at a friends place the
other day,  and we got into a conversation about 12
volt and 6 volt charging systems and when the lettered
series tractors were switched if they ever were.

    I thought,  I had read somwhere that when the
batteries went from the hood to the seat (1947)  was
the switch to 12 volt for A's and B's.   My friend
thought that all the lettered tractors were 6 volt
unless the got converted?

     The reason this discussion started?  I am looking
for generators and mounting brackets for my 1945 A.

      After thinking about it,  my 1953 40 is a six
volt system..   My 1950 A is 12 volt..  Grandpa may
have converted it,  I don't know.

                      Chris