[AJD] John Deere D valve stem repair

Kropelin kropelin at netonecom.net
Sat Jan 8 16:16:21 PST 2005

I have a question to post to the list concerning the possible repair of
valve stems by having them chromed up and reground to a oversize thus
allowing for the reaming of the valve guides slightly oversize.

As I am working on a 1931 "D" and the valve's only problem at this time is
the stem diameter, the faces of the valves were able to be machined in order
to have them ground.

I am wondering if anyone has heard of this type of repair and if so how
effective and durable would it be.

I have access to a hard chrome company and have the ability to grind the
valve stems after.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Kevin
(Krop8913)