[AT] Snowblowing with the 40

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 8 10:05:46 PST 2005

Cecil, I already added some methyl hydrate (gas line anti freeze) to the
tank and also the sediment bowl to make sure it gets to the carburetor.
I have seen carb icing in the past on this tractor and know the signs to
look for. It only happens in high humidity conditions in the summer or else
in the winter when I start the engine without pre-heating. After about 5
minutes the outside of the carb will be covered in white frost and the
engine will gradually slow down, literally choking itself to death and
producing plenty of black smoke from the exhaust. I have seen no sign of
this happening so am assuming that carb icing is not the problem.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/