[AT] Re: JD A

robinson at svs.net robinson at svs.net
Sat Jan 8 06:40:09 PST 2005

On 7 Jan 2005 at 21:07, Dean VP wrote:

> The way the JD kits were configured, the bottom radiator tank casting
> had to be changed plus some other parts. I think for what Walt is
> going to be doing with the A and since we are in typically cooler
> weather here on the N West Coast, I think adding a Water Pump would be
> more trouble than it is worth.
>
> Dean A. Van Peursem

For Walts use one of those large almost full radiator 12 volt fans
that mount on the front side of the radiator might be a good way to
keep it cool. They could maybe even take off the mechanical fan to
gain a fraction of a HP. I have heard of pullers switching off or
unbelting the generator to remove that drag. Do they still do that? I
haven't followed pulling for a long time.