[AT] Snowblowing with the 40

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Jan 8 03:09:02 PST 2005

I know nothing about the Cockshutt machines, but I have found that when
I need to pull the choke out to keep a warm engine running, it is almost
always because of a vacuum leak between the carburetor and the block -
warped carburetor, bad gasket, warped manifold, etc. Sometimes this is
very hard to locate, but spraying brake cleaner around the suspect areas
can make the engine speed increase due to the cleaner being sucked in. I
have also used an *unlit* propane torch in a similar manner.

I assume you have eliminated carburetor icing as a potential issue...

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books,
and there is some evidence that they can't read them either. -Gore Vidal
(1925- )