[Ford-ferguson] TO-30 rear axle

Dave_B at postmark.net Dave_B at postmark.net
Fri Jan 7 10:44:11 PST 2005

Finally, I'm back to my tractor project. Been working too much
overtime. Apparently the boss thinks the IRS needs more money - I'm
sure not getting much of it. Anyhow, I had my "nearest" (30 miles) MF
dealer order up the retaining collar and one bearing stud for the rear
axle bearing on my TO-30. The parts I got were nowhere near close.
Best I can figure he got me parts for a Massey Harris Model 30. I had
enough problems getting my money back that I'm not going to try there
again. I found some sources online where I can get what I need, but I
need the MHF part numbers. Anybody have this information available?
The collar is a press fit on the axle shaft and keeps the axle from
sliding out through the bearing. The stud is 2 1/2" long with a 7/16"
NF thread on each end, is used to attach the bearing housing to the
tractor axle housing. (Not a wheel stud).

Thanks,

Dave_B