[AT] Tractor / truck accident - fatality

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 04:45:01 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/6/2005 4:34:20 PM Central Standard Time,
Robgray at epix.net writes:

Off-topic but I was almost crushed today by a large black cherry tree
that fell down in the big ice storm we are having. I luckily heard the
large crack as it started to fall.

I remember the ice storm of 2002 in OK..    I was  connecting  up all the
electricity about 9 pm the night of it in the  misting rain.  You would hear this
POP like a shotgun blast, then when the  limb hit the ground the ice falling
off would sound like glass breaking into a  million pieces....    We had ice
that would extend from wire to  wire on a 4 wire fence.  It made the power
lines larger than a coke  can.....  A highway patrolman cut a line that was
hanging over a roadway  about 2 ft off the ground.  He was afraid someone would hit
it....   He took out 2 miles of line.....!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cecil in OKla