[Steam-engine] Steam Engine Needs Home

Bob Rhode case65 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 7 03:44:18 PST 2005

Mike McKnight asked that I post this announcement:

Just wanted to put out the word that there is a 24" x
36" St. Louis Iron & Machine Works Corliss engine
available for preservation in Memphis, TN. I have
tried to keep track of this engine for a few years,
thru the different owners the property has had.

It is a really nice engine, darn near mint, and direct
coupled to a generator. It's a double eccentric, 1901
model. Quite a beauty, and am hoping someone will want
to take it off the gentlemen's hands, as it came quite
close to getting scrapped a few weeks ago. If anyone
is interested, drop me a line, and I can elaborate as
much as you wish.

Mike McKnight
steamdaddy75 at yahoo.com

--- Dr. Robert T. Rhode
--- Professor of English at Northern Kentucky University
--- Author of _The Harvest Story: Recollections of Old-Time Threshermen_
(Purdue University Press 2001)
--- Co-author (with Judge Raymond L. Drake) of _Classic American
Steamrollers 1871-1935 Photo Archive_ (Iconografix 2001)
--- Website at http://www.nku.edu/~rhode
--- Rhode family history at http://home.earthlink.net/~case65/