[AT] John Deere A

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Thu Jan 6 20:19:28 PST 2005

Walt,

The block should come out without having to split the tractor.  It has
to be wiggled all around to get it out, but it should come.

I put .090" over in my 46 A.  It can pull a 10' disk all day with no
heating problems.  But, I also put a new core in my radiator.  The
tractor is an all fuel.  I think the stock compression was 3 or 4 to 1.
The new pistons are 7.5 or 8 to one.  I don't exactly remember anymore.
I think your stock pistons if you have a gas engine, are 6.5 to 1.

I put the A on the dyno at the engine show.  They told me it was
producing 38 hp.  I also changed the manifold to a gas manifold.  I
think the stock hp is around 28 or 29 hp.

Lou