[AT] Re:HI-Lift

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 13:21:33 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/6/2005 6:00:28 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:

Can't have tractor's without one, but when they quit working, they can
expand your vocabulary.

they sure can cant they... but  I do know that the  people that run the place
(I dont live far from them) will take care of most of the problems --- just
make sure its not one of the CHINEESE  nock offs that sell for  the same
price... (baught a 100% honest Bloomfield jack--aka HI-LIFT jack for  $35 3wks ago)
I have a 48" all red jack.  Lately when it starts lifting, it binds and
somehow switches itself back to "down" from "up".  I took it apart, cleaned,
lubed and reassembled.  No change, except it doesn't bind now, it does it
very easily.there is a L shaped case piece the controls the pins, if I press
it left,
then it works as it should.  It looks like the lower pin is somehow LIFTING
the L shaped part, unloading the tension on the up/down latch, allowing it
to switch to down.

has one of the springs gotten a bit week?   I think one of our old ones acts
like that sometimes  and I think that lower pin on it  has a bit of a bend  or
is scared in someway... I cant remeber and like you we are   under water---
largest river  I can ever rember

Eddie