[AJD] Gasket set for early styled JD B

JDNut at aol.com JDNut at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 07:10:32 PST 2005

Mike,

Like many others on the list, I make many of my own gaskets, and have used
some of the gasket materials that come in a squeeze tube.   There was some
discussion several years ago about what worked best...Hank may remember...but I
think there is something like "The Right Stuff" in a pressurized can that worked
well.

I was just checking a few things on JD Parts.com this AM, and just for fun I
put in the part number for the gasket set for crankshaft and bearing
replacement, listed on p. 119 of PC 330.

Part number AB 3880R subbed to AB 3879R, and is claimed in the catalog to
contain gasket B 1842R.  The set lists for $42.89 on my site.  I don't know if
any sets are actually available, but at least it was apparently a good part
number.

Just FYI, good luck and have fun,

John Maxwell