[AT] Hi-Lift Jacks

Len Rugen lrugen at c-magic.com
Wed Jan 5 14:48:51 PST 2005

Can't have tractor's without one, but when they quit working, they can
expand your vocabulary.

I have a 48" all red jack.  Lately when it starts lifting, it binds and
somehow switches itself back to "down" from "up".  I took it apart, cleaned,
lubed and reassembled.  No change, except it doesn't bind now, it does it
very easily.

There is a L shaped case piece the controls the pins, if I press it left,
then it works as it should.  It looks like the lower pin is somehow LIFTING
the L shaped part, unloading the tension on the up/down latch, allowing it
to switch to down.

I was going to work on this tonight, but when I got home, the creek is over
the road.  We've had 2 days of steady rain that is now turning to ice.  I'm
not going to take the ATV down the field roads just to get a broken jack,
I'm sure I'm short on "sitting by the fireplace time" somewhere.

---