[AT] stiff tractor day

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 5 14:12:41 PST 2005

Charlie I have heard of it happening that the oil (diesel) lines to the oil
furnaces in some peoples houses would gel and stop the furnace. Its pretty
uncommon though. Of course our fuel suppliers start getting the winter
weight diesel in stock soon as the weather starts cooling off in the fall so
that they are well set for the real cold when it comes. I've had pretty good
luck using the Kleen flo anti-gel to convert summer diesel to winter earlier
in the fall but I haven't tried the tractors at this temperature.
Thats one of the good features of keeping an old gas tractor ready to go. It
will be more likely to start without pre-heating  than will a cold diesel
engine. Any of my diesel engines would not have a prayer of starting today
without a few hours of having the block heater plugged in.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/