[AT] stiff tractor day

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Jan 5 09:02:30 PST 2005

My problems with the later IH tractors' hydraulics not "warming up" is
usually water in the hydraulic system turning to ice. The only solution
seems to be draining the system, pumping out all the fluid (by running
the engine with the drains all open), and then refilling with new fluid.
Depending on the tractor, that could mean 15-20 gallons of fluid - not a
cheap fix.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not
fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." President Dwight D.
Eisenhower April 16, 1953