[AJD] Gaskets

Dee Schuyler web22hsz at verizon.net
Wed Jan 5 10:35:47 PST 2005

Bob
I am not John, but I learned years ago as a MM aboard an old destroyer that
a flat piece of gasket material can be made into great gaskets with just a
ball peen hammer and the bolts you are going to use. Just tap along the
sharp surfaces of the joining pieces onto the gasket material,
Using the ball end of your hammer tap out the holes then insert the bolt and
move on. At times a assortment of ball peens can be handy.
Dee