[AJD] Ok Dean, You can say you told me so....

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 20:33:34 PST 2005

  Hehe..  A while back I was posting about rebuilding
a DLTX-10 VS Replacing it with a rebuilt..  Well,  I
spend a few $$ on Ebay of course,  my favorite tractor
parts store next to Greg..  My carb arrived.  Looked
good.. Today I broke the #@!*&^#$ stem threads off
while trying to take the bowl off.  Despite being
gentle,  using heat, etc..  So what did I do?  You
guessed it,  I took the crappy, rusted up,
pile-o-junk DLTX-10 that I was not wanting to touch
apart for cleaning today.

          So, after some very delicate torch work,
breaking a screwdriver (I had to use a long skinny one
cause whoever put the throttle disc in put the screw
in so you had to reach all the way down the barrel to
get them.. )  I had the thing apart with all the plugs
out.   I have been chiseling 1/4 to 1/2" of stuff from
the bottom of the bowl.  I think this carb will be 3
pounds lighter once all the scale is out.

           I spent about a hour and $175 on Robert's
website ordering parts for the DLTX-10 as well as the
DLTX-53 and DLTX-71 that I also tore apart today.  I
also bought a set of his drill bits.

           Fortunately I go to work tomorrow and
Friday and then it's off the the bead blaster when I
get home saturday morning.

          I am going to try painting the inside of
each of the carbs I am currently working on with Tank
Sealer to see if that will help out with the rust
problems.

      Now to box up the broken DLTX-10 to send off the
Robert's as well for the stem repair..  STOP the
MADNESS,  I am going to go work on my Cat for a
while..

                        Chris