[AJD] Question for JD 420/430 experts

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Jan 3 22:48:32 PST 2005

I have a NOS part here, M3525T, that looks like it was manufactured
incorrectly. It is used on 420's and 430's and is the clutch throw out yoke
for tractors with continuous PTO. I have never had a JD 420/430 apart so I
don't know what this part is supposed to look like but it sure doesn't look
right to me. It appears to me that one of the holes has been milled off
center at the manufacturing plant. If it isn't off center, it is a very
strangely designed part.

I have uploaded several pictures of this part so that you can take a look at
it and give me your opinions. Picture 3 and 4 shows the part from rotated
180 degree views and illustrates the good and the bad holes quite well.
Picture 5 is a picture of the Parts Catalog page 25-20 for reference. It is
key 5 in this PC view.

I don't think I have ever seen a defective JD part that is quite this
obvious. Well, maybe it isn't. Sure would appreciate anyone else's opinion
on this. See pictures at:

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/misc/420430_yoke_m3525t/

Thanks for the help in advance.

Do you suppose I could return it under warranty?  :-)

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com