[AJD] 1950 A surging at idle

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 15:04:18 PST 2005

  Ok,  my love hate relationship A has an ongoing
problem that I am going to try and figure out now.

   At idle,  it will not run smoothly without about
1/2 choke.   I have been told that It could be a leak
around the manifold, so I checked that,  It's not.   I
have also been told to check the adjustment of the rod
from the govenor to the carb.  I played with that
yesturday and could make it a little better,  but not
cure it.

   What else shoud I be looking for?  I just took that
carb apart and re-cleaned it.  I took my Ebay zinqer
magneto off and put a distributor on it.  ("rebuilt"
Mag bought from trusted seller on Ebay,  5 hours
running time in 2 years.. bad bearings in the mag..
grrrr...It sure looks nice though..)

         Thanks for the help!

               Chris