[Steam-engine] Tod Engine Open House in September!!

James Mackessy jmackess at twcny.rr.com
Mon Feb 28 20:24:21 PST 2005

Rick, I think you're being a little too modest. Folks, during "all this
time" Rick has
been fundraising, researching, acquiring and preparing a site, negotiating
for
storage and moving, collecting oilers and other accessories the engine is in
need
of, setting up a web site, incorporating a not for profit group, and getting
the
engine recognized as an engineering landmark. I'm sure there's a lot more I
don't
know about. I do know that Rick has invested plenty of his own money to
preserve
this engine and bring it to it's new home for display, and the care and
feeding of
this monster is not cheap. Considering that this is without a doubt one of
the larger
engines built in the golden age of steam, and that so many others have been
lost to
the scrapper's torch, it represents one of the last opportunities to
preserve this large of
an engine.
     Now, with the open house, another milestone is passed, and Ohio has
another
gathering place for live steamers from across the country. Outstanding job,
Rick!
Jim Mackessy
Syracuse, New York, USA