[Steam-engine] Tod Engine Open House in September!!

Tod Engine todengine at zoominternet.net
Mon Feb 28 18:09:24 PST 2005

The Tod engine was built in 1913 and operated until 1979 powering a six
stand rolling mill making tube rounds for the seamless tube mills at
Youngstown Sheet and Tube.  I think it was rated somewhere around 4,000 hp.

The engine was dismantled and saved by a group of members of the stationary
engine list between September, 1996 and June, 1997.  We are now moving it to
a new site for restoration and display.  Its been in storage all this time.

Rick Rowlands
Executive Director
Tod Engine Heritage Park
William Tod 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Steam Engine
Youngstown, OH
http://www.todengine.org/
Photo Albums Online: http://community.webshots.com/user/todengine