[Farmall] Tire Chains Slipping!

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Mon Feb 28 14:47:20 PST 2005

Mike,

I'm not sure about the experience part, but the reason for the center chain
isn't to add traction directly, but to stabilize the cross chains and keep
them in place.  One of my Cubs came with a set of chains on a new set of
tires and ALL the cross chains were between lugs and doing nothing.  Here's
my favorite set of chains for snow plowing with the 641.
http://members.toast.net/gwill/album/Misc/chain4.jpg
They're VERY aggressive.

George Willer