[AJD] Sparkplugs

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Mon Feb 28 14:09:08 PST 2005

Michael,
Without looking into my reasons, my summary sheet notes the 33 was used from
11/20/29 thru the end of production of the head using pipe thread.  If you
need more info, I can dig it up.
I have a Champion box in my collection that says made for the JD Tractor
Company and the end flap has printed C1-600-R, Champion #33 - an interesting
way to write C1600R, since the 7/8" plug was the AC-600-R.
Yes, depending on the general condition it should work to separate and clean
the 33's.  I use a deep well 6 point 13/16 socket on the gland and hold the
plug shell in the vise.  If it doesn't come, use some heat on the gland.
You probably haven't heard, but Doug Windrem died unexpectedly of a heart
attack January 11.  He was the fellow from Canada who sold you plugs at
Portland.
Regards,
Duane