[AT] Adventure of a Lifetime

robinson at svs.net robinson at svs.net
Sat Feb 26 06:34:55 PST 2005

On 24 Feb 2005 at 21:31, Michael P. Maynard wrote:

> I think the wife wants to have me committed now.  I have bought plane ticket
> to fly out to Kansas city to look at and probably purchase a Military
> Blazer.  I will be making the 1200 mile journey home in a totally unknown
> vehicle.  My route is to take I-70 from the KC area to Columbus, and then
> head northeast to Cleveland, to take I-90 the rest of the way.  My guess is,
> a lot of my drive will be at night, as my plane lands at 10am, and its about
> an hour and a half drive to his place.  According to Streets and Trips it's
> a 16-17 hour drive without stops.  I have a list of 'goodies' that I plan to
> take, and also purchase while I am there.
>
> Take:
> Inverter
> Laptop
> Gps
> Speakers (military didn't have radios...)
> Cell phone
> Camera
>
> Buy:
> Small tool set
> Spare fluids
> Fix-a-flat
> Maybe spare belts
>
> Any one have any other suggestions?  I plan to have the seller aware that if
> I don't make it half way he will be coming to rescue me.  If I make it past
> half way, I have a towbar on this end to tow home with.
>
> I would love to stop and visit on the way, but I have been informed I need
> to come right home... ( I am sure she will chime in, to keep me inline)
>
> Mike

	One item I would buy there for such a trip is one of those newer 12 volt "jumper packs"
with the built in air compressor (about $40). There is a spray can "gel lube" I buy at
Walmart, I think it is spelled "Primus" that works great on keeping things like a
squeaking universal joint and the like going without stopping for repairs. A conventional
lube job at the start of the trip might avoid some problems. Be sure it includes gear
lube checks. Be sure you have a clean air cleaner filter.
	If you have problems in Central Indiana TMCOTKU (Shelbyville IN) is 25 miles south of I-
70...

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. Here 100 years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net