[AT] D2 Stuck Steering Clutches

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Feb 26 05:54:36 PST 2005

>  Cecil Those old TD6,9's,and 14 are fun There is a flange on the bevel gear
> that you have to remove the bolts from and you better mark it as the bolt
> pattern is not unifourm,on top of that you can only move the wrench about
> 1/4 inch at a time,i have a hard time with it as my hands go numb when i
> hold tools like that for periods of time,i have to tie string to the tool
> and then to my wrist so i don't lose the wrench down the housing when i drop
> it which i will about 30 times as i'm doing it..... Seen your buddy Shorty
> the other day he was over to pick up some parts  doing good still full of
> it...lol.  Let me know when you do your 2010 i have disc's in stock for
> them..  Thanks  ED  http://www.crawlerheaven.com/index.htm

	The one I looked at was a TD-9. I wondered how he found room
to work in that hole and how he was going to get all those clutch discs
back in there. Everything on a crawler is either very heavy or hard to
get to. It is part of the joy of having a crawler, I guess. To get it
home, I would have had to jack up the blade and pin it up some way before
winching it on a trailer. Even cleaning up those clutch discs so they were
not full of grit and dirt would have been a job.

	I haven't had the pleasure of being in the Finger Lakes since
early last fall. I like to stop to see Shorty when I am up there as he
always has something going on. The last time I saw him he had just picked
up a very nice original WD-45 and was all excited over it. He told me he
had been up in your area quite a bit.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson