[AT] PTO-driven table saw - Dang it !!!

robinson at svs.net robinson at svs.net
Fri Feb 25 06:12:12 PST 2005

On 24 Feb 2005 at 19:20, Howard R. Weeks wrote:

> Farmer,
>
> Looks like it is set up for belt drive as well.
> Looks like a big jointer rather than a planer.  Those have to spin
> the blade rather fast - so belt might even be better for that.
>
> Howard Weeks
> Harlem, GA

	Yeah, I consider it a jointer. Some folks call them a jointer / planer. I was looking at
the belt pullies trying to decide if it was built as a driving pully or if it was planned
to power another tool from the same drive. It used to be common to do that. I noticed
that it was a drive and idler set but didn't notice a shifter fork. It might just be two
drive pullies set together to handle a wider belt.
	The fence that is sitting now like for the saw (I would call it an edger) is also the
jointer fence and looks like it could also serve as a mount for a tool rest for the
grinder.
	It should make a very busy looking demonstration along next to my buzzsaw and a big pile
of slabwood. Like the buzz saw it also looks like a very good place for a great deal of
caution.   :-)   and maybe a few homemade guards.

	Mattias, I doubt it would float well...   ;-)

	Maybe that pully could be used to drive an air conditioner and a refrigerator.   ;-)

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. Here 100 years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net