[Farmall] Replacement Hardware for Loaders

Paul Sigmund pwsigmund at verizon.net
Thu Feb 24 21:06:35 PST 2005

I just bought a 1701 loader for my 340 Utility. Got a good price ($350), but it's pretty rusty from sitting outside. Arm cylinders are fine, but the bucket cylinder leaks and needs to be rebuilt. But that's all do-able. Here's my problem: the holes the pins go through where the arms pivot to the frame are worn and elongated from wear. The pins are almost falling out. I've been told that this is a common problem with used loaders and backhoes and that replacement pins and bushings can be purchased. Apparently you weld the bushing plate over the top of the old hole. Does anyone have experience doing this? Where would you find parts such as these - I assume they are generic and not necessarily IH items.