[AT] float soldering

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 23 06:12:53 PST 2005

Paste solder is .. well... like duct tape .. I don't rely on it as a great
solder joint.. I never feel that the suspended (solvated?) solder 'wets' as
well... same
with solder strips.  Just mo substitute for a good rosin core solder.. or a
solder with a acid or rosin flux paste applied first.

Silver solder should be a higher temp solder than plain 60/40.
I don't recomend acid core solder for electronics...
I've never liked acid core solder.. Acid flux paste and regular solder yes..
but not acid core.
Keep in mind that gun barel ribs, and double barell shotgun barell sets are
silver soldered together.. as well as at least a few different types of
tractor parts.. like oil pickup tubes to the oil pump body in the ford
N-series tractors.

Soundguy.