[AJD] 530 Transmission

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 17:49:39 PST 2005

  Thanks Louis, Eric & John for your advise.  I think that I am going to attempt to cut the race as suggested by Louis and see how that works..

Thanks again

Ken Jones

Kenneth Jones <kenejons61 at yahoo.com> wrote:
I could use some expert advise. In putting the transmission in my 530 back togeter I am replacing all of the bearings and races. One race is giving me some problems and thought that you guys may have a quick and easy solution. On the sliding shaft, there is a race on the end of the shaft that fits into the bearing in the transmission drive gear. The race has a beveled shoulder so I cannot get a puller to grab onto the race. In a second effort, I heated the race and attempted to drive it off the shaft but that didn't work either. Any suggestions ? Can I weld on the race without messing up the splined shaft??

Thanks

Ken Jones